Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Sweet Day

Today I had a wonderful glimpse of hope for my family's future. Just fyi during the grieving process it is almost impossible to think that one day you will look forward to anything ever again. Somehow the world becomes this bland place and you feel completely apathetic about everything... from what to have for dinner to who the next president will be. So when God leaves an impression on your heart and gives you something to look forward to once again you just cling to it. I have been praying that the Lord will give me a heart for adoption once again. After Brinley died and I delivered Nathaniel six days later, I can remember telling my good friend in the hospital room that Brinley made space for another child in our family. I was convinced that it would be the child that my husband and I always had intentions of adopting.
It didn't take long for me to feel completely apathetic about this life long dream. How could I expect anything more out of myself having just lost my love? I have been crushed feeling like things that were always so important to me meant so little. Today as I was driving my family home from an outing I just felt the Lord pressing me to think about what I might like for the future of my family. It didn't take long for me to discern that He was telling me not to fret so much, that He would light the fire again somewhere along the road of healing, and that adding to our family by way of adoption would be such a wonderful tribute to my sweet Brinley. So tonight I am just clinging to what He has promised me for the future and that one day I will be excited about it again.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I stumbled onto your blog from Angie's. I think it is a great idea for you to blog, it truly is "therapeutic". So sorry to hear of your loss. May you continue to allow good to come out of tragedy!

Unknown said...

Hey I found your blog I think through Jody's blog. I just wanted to say hi and tell you that I am praying for you. I have a special burden for those that have lost children. I am planning on starting a website as a resource for those that have endured such things. I am still praying about but it's in the works! Anyways...I will be bookmarking your blog.

~Dani